The decision to get facial plastic surgery can be difficult to make, especially if you don’t know how to find the best facial plastic surgeon near you. Thankfully, there are some things you can do to make sure that your next visit to the surgeon goes smoothly and ensures that you end up with results that are satisfying, both in the short term and long term.
Here are five tips for choosing the best facial plastic surgeon near you.
1) What are you looking to improve
Are you unhappy with the overall appearance of your face? Are you looking to improve your facial symmetry? Are you considering a facelift surgery or other facial plastic treatment? If so, then you need to find the best facial plastic surgeon for the job. Here are five tips to help you choose the best facial plastic surgeon:
- Do your research. Not all surgeons are created equal. Make sure you do your research and find a board certified facial plastic surgeon with experience performing the specific procedure you’re interested in.
- Ask for referrals. Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential surgeons, ask for referrals from family and friends. If someone you trust has had a positive experience with a particular surgeon, then that’s a good sign.
- Check online reviews. You should also check online reviews. Again, not all surgeons are created equal, so make sure you know what to look for before giving them any of your hard-earned money.
- Consider cost. Finally, don’t forget about the cost! There is a wide range of costs when it comes to facial plastic surgery, but if you want quality work and peace of mind, then expect to pay more than if you were shopping around on Groupon.
- Get an opinion from another doctor or two before committing to anything major like a facelift surgery or other facial plastic treatment (eek!).
2) What kind of results should you expect
When you visit a facial plastic surgeon, you should expect to see beautiful results that are natural-looking and proportional. A skilled surgeon will be able to give you a facelift that improves upon your existing features, while still maintaining your unique look. Here are five tips to help you choose the best facial plastic surgeon:
- Do your research. Make sure the surgeon is board certified and has experience performing the specific procedure you’re interested in.
- Ask to see before-and-after photos of previous patients. This will give you a good idea of the surgeon’s skill level and what kind of results you can expect.
- Get a consultation. This is an opportunity for you to ask questions, express your concerns, and get to know the surgeon.
3) Cosmetic or reconstructive?
It’s important to first decide whether you want a facial plastic surgeon who performs cosmetic surgery or one who also does reconstructive surgery. If you’re interested in cosmetic procedures like Botox, fillers, and facelift surgery, then you’ll want to choose a surgeon who specializes in cosmetic surgery.
However, if you have a medical condition that requires facial plastic surgery, such as skin cancer or a birth defect, then you’ll need to find a surgeon who is trained in both cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.
In order to be successful at your goal of finding the best facial plastic surgeon for your needs, it’s important to think about what type of treatments you might need.
You should ask yourself questions such as: Do I have a medical condition that might require reconstructive surgery? Do I only want cosmetic surgeries? And How much do I trust my doctor?. You may also want to take into consideration your geographic location and travel preferences when making this decision.
4) Who will perform your surgery
The best facial plastic surgeon is one who is board certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery. This certification indicates that the surgeon has completed a rigorous training program and has passed a comprehensive exam.
When choosing a facial plastic surgeon, it is also important to consider their experience. Look for a surgeon who has performed hundreds of facelift surgeries and who has been in practice for several years.
It is also important to find a surgeon who uses the latest techniques and technologies. For example, many surgeons now use minimally invasive techniques that result in less swelling and bruising after surgery.
Finally, be sure to choose a surgeon who you feel comfortable with. Consider whether or not this doctor makes you feel at ease when discussing your goals for surgery. Meeting with a facial plastic surgeon will help make your decision easier.
5) Are there any risks associated with surgery?
Yes, there are always risks associated with surgery. But, when you choose a board certified facial plastic surgeon who is experienced in performing facelift surgery, those risks are minimized. Here are a few tips to help you choose the best facial plastic surgeon for your needs:
- Look for a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery.
- Choose a surgeon who has experience performing the specific procedure you’re interested in.
- Make sure the surgeon you choose has hospital privileges.
- Ask to see before-and-after photos of the surgeon’s previous patients.
- Find out if the surgeon has any malpractice claims against him or her. If so, make sure that he or she has taken steps to ensure it doesn’t happen again. You should also ask about what happens if something goes wrong during your surgery.
A facial plastic surgeon performs treatments for cosmetic problems involving the face such as wrinkles, scars, skin conditions and excessive fat deposits. Read more on benefits of facelift surgery for an asymmetrical face.
These procedures may include liposuction (removing excess fat), forehead lifts (relaxing wrinkles), blepharoplasty (tightening droopy eyelids) and other reconstructive procedures to correct birth defects or injuries that have left disfigurement on a person’s face.