Vitamin E for Dark Circles Under the Eyes? Can it be used to cure dark circles under eyes? Understanding what dark circles under the eyes are, and how to cure them, can be complicated.
There are many different reasons your eyes may appear darker than normal, but the most common cause is hyperpigmentation around the eye area (this causes brown spots). The good news? Vitamin E is one of the most effective remedies against dark circles caused by hyperpigmentation, according to a study published in Dermatology and Therapy. Here’s how vitamin E helps with dark circles under the eyes, and how you can use it at home to lighten them naturally.
- 1 What are dark circles and what are its causes?
- 2 What is Vitamin E?
- 3 Why Do We Need Vitamin E For Dark Circles?
- 4 How to Use Vitamin E For Dark Circles?
- 5 Who Can Get Benefit from Vitamin E For Dark Circles?
- 6 Side Effects of Vitamin E
- 7 Precautionary Measures While Using Vitamin E Capsules
- 8 Best Natural Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
- 9 Best Oils for Dark Circles under Eyes
- 10 Final Words!
What are dark circles and what are its causes?
Dark circles are caused by a number of factors, including age and heredity. The skin under your eyes is thin and translucent, which means blood vessels are easily visible through it. When you’re sleep deprived or if you’ve got a lot on your mind, your capillaries may get dilated, causing dark shadows to appear under your eyes.
If you find yourself dealing with persistent dark circles every day, look into vitamin E products—they’re one of the most popular natural remedies out there. Vitamin E helps boost circulation in small blood vessels and protects against oxidation (i.e., aging).
What is Vitamin E?
Vitamin E is a fat-soluble vitamin, meaning it’s insoluble in water. It is an antioxidant that protects cell membranes from damage and keeps skin moisturized and smooth. Vitamin E can be found in many foods, especially vegetable oils, nuts, seeds and wheat germ. The recommended daily allowance (RDA) of vitamin E is 15 milligrams per day. But you may need more than that to get rid of your dark circles under your eyes.
Why Do We Need Vitamin E For Dark Circles?
Vitamin E is a natural antioxidant and is required to maintain healthy skin. The body cannot synthesize vitamin E, which means it must be obtained through diet or supplements. The skin does not make its own vitamin E, so you need to get it from your diet and/or by supplementation. Vitamin E deficiencies are rare, since most people eat a balanced diet that contains sufficient amounts of vitamin E. Deficiencies may develop in very young children or in elderly people who have limited ability to absorb fat-soluble vitamins such as vitamin E and A.
How to Use Vitamin E For Dark Circles?
Vitamin E, also known as tocopherol or tocopheryl, is a fat-soluble vitamin that promotes healthy tissue. It’s often used topically to help reduce swelling and dark circles under eyes. Tocopherol has anti-inflammatory properties, which is beneficial for reducing dark circles under eyes because inflammation can worsen darkening of skin around your eyes. You can use vitamin E in capsule form or take it orally. When applied topically, rub a small amount directly onto your skin with your fingertips until fully absorbed into your skin.
Who Can Get Benefit from Vitamin E For Dark Circles?
Anyone who suffers from dark circles or puffy eyes can benefit from vitamin E. The antioxidants and vitamins present in vitamin E help to promote healthy skin cells and make them less susceptible to damage. It has been shown that a topical application of vitamin E oil improves under-eye appearance by reducing the appearance of swelling, skin discoloration, puffy bags, and fine lines.
Plus, it absorbs quickly into your skin so you can get on with your day quickly and easily! A small amount of vitamin E goes a long way; just apply gently with your fingertips before bedtime each night to see results in as little as one week.
Side Effects of Vitamin E
Taking vitamin E supplements has a number of benefits. However, these are not without their side effects. In some people, vitamin E can cause stomach irritation, but if you take it in large doses or on an empty stomach there is a risk of increased bleeding or bruising because of its anti-clotting properties.
Taking too much over a long period may also increase your chances of developing prostate cancer; as with many things in life, everything comes at a price and you should be aware of it when supplementing with Vitamin E. Be sure to stay within prescribed dosage limits and pay attention to how your body reacts to any changes you make to your diet.
Precautionary Measures While Using Vitamin E Capsules
Although these are generally safe, using vitamin E capsules have certain precautionary measures you need to take. Since vitamin E increases blood flow around your eyes, it could potentially cause spider veins in some people with a higher risk of getting them. Your risks of developing spider veins increase as you age and if you already have other vein issues like varicose or hemorrhoids.
If your job involves long hours on computers or extensive time spent in front of a screen every day, consult with a doctor before starting any new supplement routine. Because spider veins can sometimes lead to bleeding and if they burst near or in your eye, they could cause serious damage so it’s very important to check up on whether using vitamin E would be safe or not.
Best Natural Home Remedies for Dark Circles Under Eyes
Home remedies are one of the best natural treatments for under eye circles. With a few easy household ingredients, you can remove and reduce dark circles under eyes naturally. Some great home remedies for dark circles include aloe vera gel, sandalwood powder and curd. Here is how to make your own natural remedy for removing dark circles.
- Aloe Vera Gel: Cut a fresh leaf from an aloe vera plant and extract clear gel by squeezing it into a container or bowl. Apply directly onto clean skin around your eyes using gentle strokes for about 15 minutes before rinsing with lukewarm water and patting dry with a clean towel or face cloth (avoid getting water into your eyes). Repeat 3-4 times daily until desired results are achieved. A single natural cure could be beneficial in removing dark circles under eyes, but combining a few of them to get maximum results is recommended for best results.
- Sandalwood Powder for Dark Circles Under Eyes: Apply a bit of sandalwood powder mixed with organic turmeric and egg white under your eyes. Leave it on for 10 minutes and then wash off with warm water. You can use sandalwood powder mixed with milk to make a paste for dark circles under eyes or add a few drops of rosewater or lemon juice in white clay and apply to dark circles. Apply every night before going to bed until you get relief from dark circles.
- Curd for Dark Circles Under Eyes: Curd is an excellent natural remedy for dark circles under eyes. Take a tablespoon of curd and add two drops of lemon juice to it. Mix well and apply on your face. Let it dry and wash with water after 20 minutes. Repeat once or twice a day for best results. You can also add cucumber juice to your curd to get rid of under eye dark circles effectively. This remedy will help brighten your complexion and make you look healthy, well-rested, fresh and young! Tip: Grind dried basil leaves in water for about one minute, strain out its content using cheesecloth or cloth, then soak cotton pads in it overnight; place these pads over your eyes before going to bed each night.
Best Oils for Dark Circles under Eyes
There are many homemade remedies for dark circles under eyes. But you need to know what oil is best suited for your skin type. Sesame, sunflower, avocado, apricot and vitamin E oils are few of them. Vitamin E capsules can also be used for under eye dark circles. There are many homemade remedies for dark circles under eyes.
But you need to know what oil is best suited for your skin type. Sesame, sunflower, avocado, apricot and vitamin E oils are few of them. Vitamin E capsules can also be used for under eye dark circles. You can also try dabbing some natural oils around your eyes like coconut oil or olive oil at night before sleeping. This is a very simple remedy which you must try!
Vitamin E for Dark circles under eyes. If you want to choose a suitable, cheaper but reliable source of vitamin E, try applying vitamin E capsules on your skin. Vitamin E capsule dark circles treatment is one of the easiest ways to reduce dark circles under eyes. Vitamin E capsules are also good for facial rejuvenation. Having exhausted a number of options for how to get rid of dark circles under eyes naturally? Now it’s time to take action! Take an effective action by yourself now!
Buy vitamin e capsule from amazon and check what results you can get! You will soon know that it works as well as anyone says it does! It is cheaper than most other methods and there’s no reason not to give it a shot right now!